Why Choose Us
- Courthouse Academy serves infants, toddlers, preschoolers and elementary school grades.
- Courthouse Academy provides a Spanish Immersion program which “Prepares English Speaking Students to Become Bilingual Scholars”.
- Courthouse Academy is the only school to provide a Spanish Immersion education in ALL subjects. (Local public schools Spanish Immersion programs only teach SOME classes in Spanish.)
- Courthouse Academy also provides a traditional education for infants through three year-olds.
- Courthouse Academy teachers have over 386 combined years of teaching experience.
- Courthouse Academy is rated highly with the Virginia Beach Police Department.
- Courthouse Academy staff has been trained by Secured Education Consultants (SEC).
- On average Courthouse Academy students read one-two grade levels above their peers.
Welcome to Our Family!
My name is Julia and I am the director of Courthouse Academy. I started working at Courthouse in 2009 as the lead two-year-old teacher. I worked in the twos for two years and then taught in the Spanish Immersion four-year-old class as the lead English teacher. After that, I came to the office as the Assistant Director and then Director.
I have two children that went through Courthouse Academy and attended until they had to go to another school because we did not have a class for them anymore! I believe children need a great foundation and because of Courthouse Academy my children had that. Courthouse has always strived to be the best it can be, and it shows through the education the children receive.
Recently, I was awarded Director of the Year at a Childcare Summit that had over 600 attendees. It was a humbling experience that I will always be grateful for.
At Courthouse Academy we want the enrollment process and becoming part of the Courthouse Academy family to be an awesome experience for you and your family. I know that finding the perfect home away from home for your child can be challenging. From the moment you walk in the door, we want you to know that we are happy you are here and cannot wait to show you our school and how proud we are to have you become part of it.
When you come in we ask that you fill out a questionnaire that asks simple questions, so we can get to know you better. After the questionnaire is complete we will take you on a tour of Courthouse Academy. We will stop by the different rooms and see the children and the staff interacting with each other in their classroom setting. You might even see the kids going on a bear hunt, experimenting or even get to meet a class pet! At the end of the tour, we will go through the enrollment folder and answer any questions you might have. Feel free to call or email with any questions you forgot to ask when you were here. Enrollment documents are also available online at courthouseacademy.com if you would like to fill them out before you come for the tour!
We hope that you decide to become a part of our Courthouse Academy family!